Goldy

عضو نشط
التسجيل
13 يونيو 2010
المشاركات
Kaminsky's Call: 5 Stocks to Buy and Hold
Published: Monday, 27 Sep 2010 | 10:12 AM ET Text Size By: Gary Kaminsky
CNBC Contributing Editor

Today, we check in on the "One-Decision Stock Club," which now has five members and will continue to grow.

To remind all of the definition for inclusion, these are stocks which require no investment strategy other than, "buy and hold...for a long, long time."

Because my stance on these names would be to hold through any circumstance, the short-term moves should not be considered as the ends to the means. The September rally certainly helped quite a few holdings, but I included the prices then and now so we can commence a monitoring of the positions. But remember, three months is irrelevant when it comes to the buy-and-hold strategy.

Let us look at each, in chronological order of their selection date, and see what they have been doing of late.

1. EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON [EXPD 45.56 -0.04 (-0.09%) ]:

Inducted: June 28th with a closing price of 36.24

Friday's close: 45.60

If you were also fortunate enough to see EXPD's Founder, Peter Rose, on The Strategy Session, you know this is not your ordinary company. Breaking through the technical resistance of forty this month, the unorthodox EXPD is seeing the rightful fruits of increases after positive earnings were met initially in August with a shrug. Just in this weekend's Barron's, Credit Suisse [CS 43.83 -0.61 (-1.37%) ] selected it as one of their top picks.

2. ECOLAB [ECL 50.68 -0.27 (-0.53%) ]:

Inducted: July 7th with a closing price of 47.06

Friday's close: 50.95

Devoted CNBC watchers will likely point out that the bedbug story has been all over the network. Guess who has operations in the pest control to halt this problem? Along with its wide variety of sanitizers, ECL is positioned for long-term gains, especially when you monitor its global plans for expansion.

3. THE CLOROX COMPANY [CLX 66.28 0.03 (+0.05%) ]:

Inducted: July 14th at a closing price of 65.05

Friday's close: 66.25

If you've been watching CLX the past few weeks, you've noticed a steady rhythm of upticks. Most recently, the company announced the sale of their auto care business in an all-cash transaction with gross proceeds of approximately $780 million. In doing so, they improved their dividend yield, and for the many seeking income in this climate, the stock just grew that much more attractive.

4. BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT [BAM 27.43 -0.14 (-0.51%) ]:
Inducted: August 3rd with a closing price of 25.84

Friday's close: 27.57

Another "One-Decision Club" member in the news for the right reasons, BAM has raised nearly twice as much as originally anticipated into its latest infrastructure fund. Closing at $2.7 billion, assets will be invested in renewable energy generation among other areas. I applaud the move as renewable energy has great promise in the future.

5. SUNCOR [SU 31.27 -0.12 (-0.38%) ]:

Inducted: August 13th at a closing price of 31.59

Friday's closing price: 31.39

Speaking of energy, we come to one of my personal favorite growth stocks of the past decade. We had CEO Rick George on The Strategy Session this month. Give this one time. Suncor just advanced another wind-filtering project, and these quietly add up in their successful formula. I don't feel compelled to defend this one at this juncture because of the faith I have in George and their proven blueprint for success.

Gary Kaminsky
CNBC Contributing
Editor
More "One-Decision" induction are on the horizon. I am as excited to introduce these to you as I am to watch the five current members potentially rise beyond these short-term levels.​

بس حبيت اشارك وياكم بتوصيه المحرر وتحليله
اموفقين جميعا

التسجيل
2 مايو 2009
المشاركات
يعطيك العافيه اخوي

أعلى